Friday, November 30, 2007

Thanksgiving in AZ.....Oh, how I miss it already!

We had way too much fun & food this Thanksgiving go-around. It was so nice to be able to spend time with both families and enjoy nice warm weather. Besides being there for Thanksgiving, we were also able to make it in time to see Jerry open his mission call. Boise, Idaho baby! That's what I'm talking about. Congratulations, Jerry!! You will make a fantastic missionary. We'll miss you lots.

Oh, and while we're on the topic of Jerry's mission, here is a picture of us (my mom, auntie donna, and me) waiting for Jerry to open his call. Since some of you have been requesting a belly picture....here ya go. It's getting huge and I still have 3 months!! Gross.
We were also able to go and visit Braddock's great-great grandma Gertie (Jim's great-grandma). She is sweeter than pie. I love her to pieces. She's totally young at heart too. At Jim's homecoming party, she gave Jim (my 200 lb husband) a ride on her back. Not even joking! You go, Grandma!

Friday after Thanksgiving, my family went and had pictures taken at the temple. We rarely ever do these. I believe last time we had these done, there were only two grandkids. Now there's a whopping seven! Oh, and I promise my husband was meaning to smile. After the pictures, we all went out to eat at our favorite Mexican food restaurant, Rosa's - where I pretty much inhaled my plate. To see pictures of us chowing down (you know you wanna), check out my sister's blogs, Jacey and Jenna's. Later that night, we took all the kiddies to see the Mesa Temple lights. It was soooooooooo nice not having to worry about wearing a snow bib and 3 jackets to stay warm. The lights were beautiful and the crowds were endless!! Friday after Thanksgiving is not the best time to go, but I'm glad we did anyway. Braddock was highly amused. Just look at the picture below. He pretty much did that the entire time and said "What's that, what's that?" So, that was our Thanksgiving in a nutshell!! We hope ya'll had a Happy Thanksgiving too! Now onto Christmas! Whoopee!!



4 comments:

Hills said...

Sounds like you had a really good time here in AZ! I love your belly it is so cute!!!

Jenna said...

I'm so glad you finally updated your blog! I like the story about Grandma Gertie carrying Jim on her back. What a sass! I agree that this Thanksgiving was one of the best ones. We need to get together and hang out. I miss my sisters and I'm tired of being sick! Love you!

Todd, Lara, Aubrey, and Graham said...

Bethany you look so cute pregnant! There is nothing gross about a pregnant belly. I think it is so pretty. You crack me up. Looks like you guys had a great Thanksgiving...

Adam and Samantha said...

Your belly is soo cute!! Love the family pictures too, the kids are adorable!