Saturday, November 10, 2007

Going from house to home.......SLOWLY, but SURELY

It's now been a little over two years since we have lived in our house and I can't believe it!! Holy cow, time goes by fast!! When we first moved in, we knew we wanted to remodel the entire inside of the house (you'll see why in a sec). I imagined to have my whole house changed to the way I wanted it within a year from our date of purchase. This meant building in a new master bathroom, re-painting, re-carpeting, new doors, new windows, additional plumbing and electrical, and a whole bunch of other things that would take too long to list. Well, that one year from our date of purchase has come and gone and we have a total of 3 rooms done. Woo hoo!! I am learning that remodeling this house is a WAY bigger project than I thought. It takes a lot of time & MULA! If you know me, I am not a very patient person, so this experience has been for my good. This house has been a HUGE project, but I love how rewarding it has felt to slowly, BUT SURELY make this house into a home. Here are some pics of the house........

BEFORE:
This is one nasty room. Jim and I lived in this room while he was working on the master bedroom. We pretty much trashed the room to help make more of a contrast with the "before" and "after" shots.
Lavendar and pink floral wallpaper. anyone??
AFTER:
This is now Braddock's nursery. I absolutely love it! Jim and I worked our butts off on this room!
BEFORE:
Behold, the master suite. So gross. And NO, we do NOT use those mattresses. AFTER:
I love this room too! Jim put in black trim & baseboard which I doubted at first, but it has really started to grow on me. He also enlarged the room, installed all new lighting, re-painted, and put in new carpet.
There is another room connected to this one which will one day be our master bathroom. Can't wait!
BEFORE:
This is a bedroom downstairs that we called the "purple room". Creative name, huh? Lavendar walls, and disco-flowered wallpaper bordered the entire thing. I think I just vommited in my mouth. The navy blue carpet looked amazing in here as well.

After:

Vwa-la!! All new trim, baseboard, paint, and carpet. Thanks to my brother, Jerry and his friend Derrek who came this summer and helped get this thing done! There are still minor things that need to be done, but overall it looks fantastic thanks to my husband and all the extra time and effort he has put into beautifying this place! I know I still need to get window treatments, wall decor, etc., but I'm just not motivated to until my whole house is finished. For now, we'll just keep working our tooshies off and hopefully get this place finished soon!

14 comments:

Jill Rosenhan said...

Oh my gosh! Lookin good! I need to stop by and see it! I cant believe it's been TWO years! Its like just yesterday you were buying it! I'm sure Higley will have a game when you guys are down! Hopefully they will go all the way again! How long are you guys staying?

Jenna said...

okay i love decorating so that post was so fun to banned from my blog for a short time... cara told me to add you and i was so confused because i totally remember adding you in the list! but i am retarted because of course i spelt your email wrong! i forgot the "c" in comcast and wrote "comast"! haha so i hope it works now!

BossyMommy said...

HO-LY CRAP!! Bethany, that is amazing. You guys have done a fantastic job with those rooms! And the master suite? Is that the floor we slept on when we were there? That's amazing! Good jaaarb, Epps'!

Michelle Bebe said...

i HEART it! your hubby and you are very talented! he has a good eye too...i LOVE black. especially in furnishings....

BossyMommy said...

ALSO...nice try with the "we trashed the room for the pictures" story! Those of us who know you know that room always looked like that! Fess up, woman. (o:

the straz fam said...

Wow, wow, wow!!! You guys have made that house look amazing! I need you to come help me decorate!

Todd, Lara, Aubrey, and Graham said...

Bethany, you guys did such a good job. It makes me want to finish some things on my own house. Poor Todd, he doesn't know what what is going to hit him this week...

Adam and Samantha said...

WOW - those rooms look like they came right out of one of those decorating magazines! Can I hire you to finish our house? I've just about had it with our do it ourselves home projects!! AAAAAAHHHHH!

dani said...

Wow your house looks awesome! I am jealous. Every Sunday my husband and I go look at model homes and dream about the day we will own our own... *sigh*...someday... Although I doubt it will be as cute as yours!

Jenna said...

I am so proud of you guys and how beautiful your house is becoming. Jim is a master at remodeling. I should give you before and after pics of our nursery to post so he can get credit for that, too! It's my favorite room in the house!

Hills said...

Bethany it is looking so good! I have always loved the baby room! SO where's the picture of the master bath tub that you and I put in eh? We were pretty impressive I do have to say jk. Jim does an awesome job!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! Gorgeous! Gorgeous! I love your house. I want to come visit. Tell joshua that we better get out booties up there or you will beat him. I love the dark trim. Jim has some good taste. And the nursery is so cute! Hey when are you coming to AZ?

Anonymous said...

Bethany!Long time no see. Your house is so BEAUTIFUl. And your son is so flippin cute. Its been so long since i've seen you guys.

Hills said...

Hey girl! I'm sad we missed you here in AZ. It's a bumme rour holiday schedules are backwards. When you guys are in AZ we are in Utah. Hopefully we will be able to meet up again some time soon! Sure miss you guys! Love ya!