Thursday, December 30, 2010

Winding Down

Time for another pregnancy update!
It is amazing how fast this tiny little person inside of me is growing! This morning I lay in bed thinking about what a miracle it truly is to carry a child and watch them grow. What was once the size of a sesame seed, is now the size of a pumpkin!
And can I just say that this is one squirmy little pumpkin?! My other two were quite mellow in the womb compared to this kid. I am preparing myself for a very busy child!
The first picture shown below is of me at 25 weeks........

5 weeks later............................
..........................................
And this is how I look!
I think my legs decided to balloon up alongside my belly....and the best part is - I DON'T CARE!
This may be our last baby, so I am trying to enjoy every part of this pregnancy. I quit working out at 23 weeks because my contractions were becoming stronger and more consistent, so I figured a 20+ week vacation wouldn't hurt. Plus, I have the rest of my life to work out, right?

Last Thursday, we were able to do a 3d ultrasound. Can you say AMAZING?! I feel blessed to be having babies when we have such advanced technology to see incredible things like this!
This little person spent most of its time sucking on its pinkie finger. We got this picture just in time before it stuck that little finger back in his/her mouth.

We also discovered during the ultrasound that our child is measuring at 32+ weeks. They told me this when I was not even 30 weeks! Lovely.
One of my concerns with this is the fact that I cannot be induced with this child because my last one was delivered by C-section. Because we would like to have a VBAC delivery this time, my doctor says I have to just let this baby come when it is ready - no Pitocin for me!
So we're praying this baby chooses to come a couple weeks early. :)

My original due date: March 4th
New due date: February 17th <--------------we want that one!


Here is one last picture to leave you with. I am already in love with this little face and so very grateful for the opportunity to mother another little one. Life certainly is a miracle and a blessing!

4 comments:

Jenna said...

You look darling as usual miss Bethany! I hope all goes well with your vbac, and that you'll have yourselves a healthy nugget! And I must say I am very much liking your new and more frequent blogging routine!

Marilee said...

I am having a hard time believing that this baby can be any cuter than its siblings. He/She is already adorable! My favorite baby item is my gliding rocking chair with ottoman, a changing table, baby shoes and binkies that color coordinate with outfits.

BossyMommy said...

Cute baby-in-the-womb picture, but I wanna know...WHAT IS IT??????

Sarah said...

Hoping for the earlier date for you! You look way cute! My favorite baby item has to be the nursing cover I got from uddercovers. I used that a lot and it is way cute!