Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Home For Christmas

I'm just going to be honest when I say that I have become quite discouraged with blogging. Most of my disappointment with it is self-induced, but for the last year I have had little desire to be a dilligent blogger.
Why such little motivation?
There's lots of reasons. Namely, Facebook, life never slowing down, the pregnancy, and just lack of interest have all contributed to such little blogging effort, BUT I want to make changes. I want to make sure the important things and sometimes the not-so-important things are being jotted down because they are afterall what make up my life. As I look back and read previous posts, I realize I would have never remembered some of these things if I hadn't taken the time to blog about them.
SO, here's to a more dilligent blogger!
Now, onto the good stuff.
Most of you know that I am very passionate about Christmas. I absolutely love this time of year! The commercial part of it really bothers me, but when it comes to being snug in my tree-lit home listening to Christmas classics, I'm all for it!
Here is a glimpse of the Epps Family home in 2010.

Above: Our dining room table arrangement. {Frosted berries make everything better}.
Our little tree that I sit and stare at every night before bedtime.


The mantle in all its Christmas glory!


Homemade noel blocks - I was in charge of a project for Super Saturday and came up with this little display. All it took was some 2x4's, a little paint, stain, festive paper, and VOILA!



Our homemade stocking made with TLC by my wonderful mother.
I love her and I love these.



The Christmas cabinet. (I painted it red a couple of weeks before just to make it feel a little more like Christmas in my livingroom). Pathetic, I know. Jim calls it obsessive.




The candy canes that hang on my mantle just make life sweeter.
So there you have it. This is what Christmas looks like in our neck of the woods!
We hope you're enjoying this wonderful time of the year as much as we are!


3 comments:

Marilee said...

It all looks so wonderful and cozy! Merry Christmas!!

a harper girl said...

Your house looks dreamy!! Hope you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Jenny and Shane said...

Your family and home are so beautiful. Merry Christmas!