Saturday, July 4, 2009

Here we go.....


Okay. Here it goes. Deep breaths. I am blogging today after 6 weeks of not doing so. The last few weeks I will walk in my office ready to blog, but then I think of all the events that have taken place this summer and I start to feel.........well......a little overwhelmed. Too many pictures to download, too much information to jot down, and oh,
SO LITTLE TIME!
But today on this beautiful 4th of July, I am feeling relaxed. My kids are napping, my husband is napping (he should be working on the storage room), and the house is now
QUIET.
I am ready to blog and hopefully maintain my blogging on a regular basis.
Here we goes!


Let me start by saying that I am LOVING THE SUMMER. The weather here has been gorgeous. I am pretty sure it's only been 90 degrees like 3 times so far the last month. Hence, my reason for going on a walk with my kids every morning.....well, almost every morning. My good friend, Kassie and her two boys tug along with us. We love it. Last month we took them to the park and they were in heaven!

Also, can I say thank heavens for trampolines?! Braddock, and now Emma love to play on it. I always let them jump for a good half hour before nap time because then they are
OUT COLD.
The end of May, I and the babies (not Jim because he was at a UFC fight) headed to good ole' Worland, Wyoming for Jim's cousin's wedding. Let me repeat myself. Yes, this is Jim's cousin and YES, he was at a UFC fight. Okay, I'll shut up about that, babe.
Anyhow, what a treat! The night before, the groom's parents treated us to a tasty Mexican food dinner. I, as a lone mother with two children, was so happy they did this outside because my children don't do so hot at restaurants (that's another story).
But don't they look like they are having so much fun?
That's because they were.
They found the dessert table.
Braddock & Katelynn
My cute little niece, Brielle. Gotta love the chocolate face.
Do you know how practically impossible it is to take a picture of 5 kids at one time?
Here we are the next day at the wedding. I am pathetic because I didn't get any pictures of the bride and groom. Let me say though, that they looked JUST BEAUTIFUL and HAPPY.
The ceremony was so nice and the wedding luncheon was amazing. Once again, I loved the whole outdoors idea.

Here is one of Braddock and his Grandma, who he calls Ba-Pa (????)
Emma being Emma.
Braddock being a bear. He is now obsessed with bears and killing them. Last week, Jim drew a picture of a bear on our ward program during Sacrament meeting. I won't even go into detail of what happened, but we had to exit Braddock out of the chapel because he was roaring and growling so ferociously.
Next on our list, we got camping. Did you know that I live 15 minutes away from one of the most beautiful canyons in Utah? It's true. And I camped there. Payson Canyon, it's called.
We went with our friends, Kassie and Joe and their two boys.

Braddock in the pickup.
Emma and Dad at the campfire.
Cute little Aaden and Braddock being boys.

Jim's aunt posted this picture on her blog and I stole it from her. Thanks, Aunt Jeana!
This was taken on Jim's parents farm a few weeks ago and I love it. I don't know why. Maybe because my husband looks.......stunning?


So this is all I have for now. Actually, I downloaded a lot more pictures, but they somehow disappeared, so I think I am going to call it quits for today. Stay tuned because there is lots more!

4 comments:

The Chambers said...

YAY! i've been wondering what happened to you! Looks like you have been busy, but are having SO much fun with the kids! You are such a good/gorgeous/fun mother. Bethany, seriously, your kids are some of the most beautiful children I have ever seen. Of course I'm sure you know that, but really...I'm not just saying it...they are gorgeous. Yay for camping, cool days, trampolines, wedding in Wyoming and UFC! JK about the UFC part...I know how you feel, my hubby gets into it too. Good to see you! ADIOS!

Heather said...

That is great picture of Jim and your little one.
Cute family. Looks like you have been having a lot of fun. Keep us posted more often.

Donna said...

Bethany,
It was so good to see all the cute pictures and to get an update on you and your family...Sounds like you are busy and happy. Loved the photos!
Love you,
Auntie Donna

Marilee said...

Summer has been very exciting!