Saturday, May 9, 2009

To My Mom:

Mom, I didn't send you a card. 
I did this on purpose. 
I know it sounds cruel, but I have been thinking the last week (since Mother's Day is coming up) how GRATEFUL I am for you and the truly wonderful person that you are.
I thought I'd introduce everyone else to you since you are one of my favorite people.
Here it goes:

Many of you fellow bloggers know my mom pretty well already.......Well enough to know that she is one of the sweetest, kindest, genuine, funniest people ever. 
She almost always has a smile on her face (a beautiful one too!) . She'd probably kill me if I told you how old she is, but let me just say that she hides her age VERY well.
Everytime I see this picture, it cracks me up! I always start singing in my head the song, "Taking care of business!......" because my mom is always taking care of business.  This woman is a busy bee and she puts her heart and soul into everything she does. She raised us kids mostly on her own and somehow she managed to be a faithful temple-goer, visiting teacher, and a strong active member of the LDS church all at the same time. 
My mom is known for taking some amazingly funny photos.  This one is funny, but you should see the other ones I have hidden in my folders. She'd kill me for that too. My mom has such a great sense of humor. We love to quote movies in our family, but my mom always quotes them wrong. 
Do we like to make fun of her for it? 
The answer is yes.
This is one of my favorite pictures. Why?
Because this is when my brother (the youngest in the family) was ordained an Elder. My mom has had the opportunity to see all of her 5 children go through the temple. 
Her hard work has paid off!
My mom is known to her grandkids as "Nana". She is one of the best Nana's in the world. She holds a special place in her heart for each of her 8 grandchildren.
(Mom & Braddock October 2006)
(Mom with Jack & Henry April 2007)
I just want my mom to know how deeply grateful I am for her.  I think she can look back on her life as she has raised her kids and know it only to be a SUCCESS. I've never known her to NOT depend on her Heavenly Father for guidance and direction in her life. She has always stayed true to the faith, and for that, I feel so grateful to the Lord for placing me in her home.

I love you mom, and hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day! Thanks for being the 
best mom ever!

10 comments:

Donna said...

Bethany,
That was such a great tribute to your mom and I say ditto to all of it! She is an awesome Mom and a wonderful sister!
Thanks, Bethany...that was so nice!
Love,
Auntie Donna

The Magpie Bunch said...

Bethany- what a wonderful daughter you are! You truly realize what a prize you have for a mother!! She has always been a blessing in my life- I am so thankful for her!
Aunt Gail

The Chambers said...

Bethany this was so sweet. I don't remember your mom too much, but from what I do she was very sweet and geunine and very cute! you are such a special daughter and I'm sure she will love this! Cute cute pictures.

Marilee said...

That was a great tribute! Your talk in Sacrament Meeting was very touching--your mom would love to hear that, too! Maybe someday I will have the priviledge of meeting your wonderful mom! Wait, I do get to meet her through you--you are a tribute to her by the way you live your life!

Unknown said...

I love her, and her cabbage rolls. happy mothers day girl!

Jenna said...

so sweet! Your mom sounds amazing! happy mothers day!

Todd, Lara, Aubrey, and Graham said...

Your mom is so cute! I always loved coming over to your families house when I was younger. I always felt welcome. Send me your email address and I will add you to my blog viewers list. lara@yardpirate.com

Michelle McClure said...

i heart your mom, too. she is the best.

Hills said...

I love your momma! She's always been one of my favorite people. She sure is amazing letting us play Karen Carpenter over and over even though it drove her nuts, almost burnt her house down, and her fun and funny personality. Sure miss you and your family. Hurry down here! :)

Natalie said...

So sweet! Your mom is an amazing person! You kids are very lucky to have a mother like her.