Monday, May 4, 2009

Small Country Livin' & Vegas?

I think you might be jealous if I told you that my in-laws live on a farm and we only live 10 minutes away from their place.
Why, you ask?
Because it is a wonderland for a kid!
Everyday, Braddock talks about going to this farm and playing with the tractors, riding with grandpa on the BIG tractor, feeding the cows, and seeing the horsies. He cannot get enough of the life on the farm.
Two Sundays ago, after we ate a home-cooked delicious meal at Jim's parents home, we went outside to the beautiful 70 degree sunshine weather, and jumped on the back of an old farm truck while Jim gave us a tour of the place.
It was HEAVEN.
(Braddock with his cousin Katelynn)
Yes, all you see is manure in the background, but believe me, this is not what they were excited about. There were cows behind that fence!

Out yonder, there's a big sandbox for the kids to play in, so I sat Emma in it and she too was in HEAVEN.
Thank you to Grandma & Grandpa Partridge for providing the Fun & Free entertainment!
We love you!

So let me explain to you the whole Vegas thing.
Two Saturdays ago, Jim and I found out that his Dad (who lives in Arizona) was in Vegas for work and he wanted us to meet him there to give us their "old" leather couches. To them, their old, but to us......it's like Christmas! You'll see what I am talking about when we complete our downstairs family room and I take pictures of them. They look brand spankin' new! Anyhow, we had about 30 minutes to get our stuff together and jett out!
We left at 8 o'clock at night.
Good thing these kids were in a good mood!
Emma made this cheese face because...................

She has to do everything her brother does.


Braddock & Emma did amazing the ride there.
(Except for the fact that Emma hates anything strapped to her and would cry due to several unsuccessful attempts of removing her car seat straps.)
For the most part though, they slept.

We arrived at two in the morning, slept at the house Jim's dad was staying in, and we (meaning our family of four) shared a small full size bed.
That was interesting.
(that's all I'll say about that)
The next morning, we let the kids run & crawl (yes, Emma is still NOT walking) around this mansion.
The two were fascinated by what was outside this window.
And Emma was fascinated by what was inside this can.
It probably would have cost me my life if I had taken it away from her.
Oh well, we're on vacation.

And then the can was empty and this was her face the rest of the time.
A bit discouraged?

Look at those dirty hands!
Proof that all she does is crawl.

So we got our couches and headed back at 11 AM on Sunday.

We went through the Vegas strip, where I felt completely defiled.
Seriously, I'm not a fan.
I wanted to be back on the farm.
SO, we headed back to our HOME and now we have couches!!!!
Which cannot be used right now.
Lame.
Also, I really need to start taking pictures of Jim and I.

10 comments:

Heather said...

You are always busy. Have no worries about Emma not walking yet. Tori just started to walk a week and a half ago and she NEVER crawled. It was a great having a non mobile child. It will happen shortly.

The Chambers said...

LOVE all the pictures. Your kids are absolutey gorgeous! And free leather couches! How could you pass that up! Sounds like a fun spontaneous trip, glad the kids were heaven all weekend!

Marilee said...

Sheesh--that was a quick trip to Vegas and back! Congrats on the new couches!

Alyssa said...

I love the picture of Emma and B-rock at the window! They're so dang cute - it was so fun having them over on Friday!

Todd, Lara, Aubrey, and Graham said...

Lucky. I want a set of new couches.

Sarah said...

Wow lots of stuff going on! Glad it was fun and you got some new couches, yay!

Emma will walk when she's ready I wouldn't worry. 2 of my girls didn't walk until they were 15-16 months old.

Sarah said...

Very very cute pictures too!

Stephanie said...

Bethany I can't believe, well I can believe it, but your kids are so stinkin cute!! Seriously!! Sounds like you guys are doing great. I'm hoping Jhett will walk by his 1st birthday or at least get a tooth! Those suckers still haven't broke through!!!

BossyMommy said...

You really do have the knack for taking good shots. That picture of Emmers with the dirty hand is absolutely amazing. What a great shot. Great post!

Amber said...

I love your blog! Your babies are so cute! Easton loves playing with them!!