Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The last two weeks.................

Please forgive me for lacking with posting. I know all of you check my blog dozens of times a day and are dissappointed when nothing has changed, so here's some updates.
Almost two weeks ago, my mommy came to visit from Arizona (I miss her already). I was able to spend some quality time with her and my sisters (we missed you, Jace).
Alyssa was so awesome, as always, to play with her nephews. She's the best aunt.
Here's a picture of her with Braddock laying in the hammock.
That Sunday, Emmalee was blessed by her daddy. He gave a simple, yet beautiful blessing. Afterwards, we went to my house and had lunch in the front yard. The weather was absolutely gorgeous and the food was fantastic. We took family pictures too! Dang Jim! He always switches into his casual clothes as soon as we get home. Oh well.
After family pictures, Braddock decided to hop in his gator and give his twin cousins, Jack and Henry, a ride. The problem is he knows how to push the gas, but has NO CLUE how to steer. I'm hoping the boys riding in the back weren't traumatized by this experience.
You can't tell me this isn't cute.........

................but THIS is SO NOT CUTE!

Jim surprised me by bringing home a goat today and BOY, WAS I SURPRISED. Why? I ask! Why?!!! What do they do??? I guess I'll never know because I refuse to feed, water, or visit it. It's enclosed in a fence area in the corner of our backyard (hallelujah). Okay, so I'm cruel, but as the Ladies Man puts it........"That ith dith-guth-ting!"

18 comments:

Michelle McClure said...

busy busy busy! bryan does the same thing on sundays! ALL WE WANT IS ONE PICTURE GUYS!

Alyssa said...

HILarious! that picture of the goat in the gator totally took me by surprise and I was laughing so hard! You can't ever seem to stay animal free for very long

Unknown said...

haha, remember my goat? JD- John Deer. Yep thats my dad for ya. I remember it pooped lil turds that looked like fruit snacks.

Jenna said...

What are you going to do with a goat? How strange... I got rammed by a goat when I was little, right in the stomach and it knocked the breath out of me. I've hated them ever since. We'll need to lock him up tight when we're laying out on the tramp!

Kristi Smith said...

I am so jealous you have a goat!!! I love Jim. And I think Jim looks better in his casual clothes. Hee-hee.

My finger got tired of hitting the refresh button to see if you had posted so I quit looking the last couple of days;).

Your mom came to visit and not a single photo of her? But the goat got a photo? Yeah . . . who do you love?

Glad I can rest now that you have posted . . . I have been so tired.

dani said...

Oh my gosh, I HATE goats! During high school, I was getting home late at night and I look out the back window and there's this HUGE goat like ramming the back door! I screamed and woke everyone up and now I am freaked out by them. So your a good wife for keeping it in your back yard. :) by the way your Emmalee is so adorable!

BossyMommy said...

Umm, Beth, watch out for Kristi--she likes other people's husbands. (It's ok. I like hers). I'm not sure why I think it's so funny that you have a goat, but I do. I'm just glad YOU have a goat and *I* do NOT. It's also funny how you announce to the world that you plan to starve and neglect it to death. You're such a Walker. (for those who don't know, Walker=animal hater=serial killer).

Kristi Smith said...

Are all of the goat haters mormons? Baptists love all of God's creations. lol

Hate mail can be addressed to bossymommy@cox.net.

I am too funny.

Actually I thought Jacey was just saying I am the best thing since sliced bread . . . didn't get the whole "ham" thing. ;)

Kristi Smith said...

Oh, and of course I like other people's husbands . . . didn't I just say that Baptists like all of God's creations. ;)

Jill Rosenhan said...

Oh my gosh! Ha you gotta love Jim.. the car was awesome..now a goat? What's next?? I love the family picture :) I still cant believe you have two now!

nana and atom said...

i milked a goat in kentucky. kind of a strange experience... and i petted a baby goat at the animal farm at thanksgiving point just yesterday. and those are all my goat experiences. good luck with the goat.

Kristi Smith said...

I have been going to a Non-denominational church . . . hmmm . . . will I be the "Token Non-denominational Christian"? Hmmm . . .

I hadn't thought about this.

BossyMommy said...

You'll be the "Token Random Comment Leaver." Seems to fit.

Nathan & Cherish said...

That is hilarious that he just brought home a goat. We live on a farm right now and they have goats that I chase around on a daily basis. I aksed Nate for one the other day and he said ... HECK NO. haha so I think he's with you on the goat thing! Good luck!

Kristi Smith said...

I feel like I am stalking two mormon sisters when I look at the comments on your blogs.

Maybe if you updated more I wouldn't have to leave so many random comments.

Kristen said...

I Love reading your blog! It's so fun to see people who faithfully wait for the missionary the entire 2 years and get married :) your family is so beautiful and you look so happy!! Thanks for always giving me such encouraging words! :)

Mindy & Aaron said...

Hey Bethany,
Love your blog. I think they are so fun so everyone can see how your doing so far away. I don't mind you adding us to your blog. I put you on mine. We miss you guys to.

Michelle Bebe said...

come on bethany! we need to see those cute babies!