Monday, September 24, 2007

Where has time gone???

This last Friday, Braddock turned one. I can't believe how fast time goes by!! Just one year ago, I was carrying him inside my tummy. Yes, I know I was huge, but I loved it! The excitement of him arriving was too much to handle.
I couldn't help but post this picture. Can you say HIDEOUS? Jim thought it would be good to look back on a photo like this. I think I said some pretty choice words to him for taking it, but now I look at it and think it's really funny. I'm having a massive contraction and haven't had my epideral yet.
After half an hour of pushing, Braddock arrived on September 21, 2006 at 12:34 PM. He was so chubby!!! 8 lbs! Jim thought that maybe it wasn't his child. He had dark olive skin and lots of thick black hair. We're not sure where that came from as both Jim and I we're both toe head babies, but we thought he was darling anyways. Below, is a picture of him looking at his daddy.
This was just a couple of minutes after he was born. He was so alert (and still a little purple). He had such a cute little personality though. I remember he just looked around at everything and sucked on his three little fingers. I love him.
Here we are a year later. We went to Ruby River on Friday for his birthday with his aunts Jenna & Alyssa. I know, like he had ANY idea what was going on. I wish he was staring at the camera because I rarely get a picture of just me and him. I love this little boy so much and am so grateful that Heavenly Father brought him to our home. He's the best!

7 comments:

Jenna said...

That is so fun to look at those pics of him as such a tiny baby! He has changed so much. Happy Birthday Braddock! We love you! Oh, and I love the contraction picture.

Alyssa said...

I second that. Probably one of the funniest pictures I've ever seen on a blog. Except for maybe Phil with the bumbo seat on his head. And I don't know what you're talking about me making you look bad - you're GORGEOUS! The picture of you with Braddock at Ruby River is especially good.

BossyMommy said...

Great picture of you and Braddock. You're seriously HOT. People say we look alike. (o:
And I "third" that on the contraction picture. Few blog pics make me laugh out loud, but that one is awesome. I think I'm gonna hijack it and put it on my blog. Just 'cause.

The Greer Family said...

Braddock looks so sweet in those pictures. The picture of you having your "massive contraction" brings back so many lovely memories from Parker's delivery :) Thank goodness it's so worth it!

Steph

Hills said...

Have you heard the knew Kenny Chesney song "Don't Blink"? It is about how fast times goes by. I can't believe your baby is one! We had such a good time being with you and Jim and seeing your sisters. Made me kinda miss living in Utah and hanging out with you and Bradock while the boys worked. Hope to hear from ya soon!

Michelle Bebe said...

i love the pics! he has changed so much! and so have you! you are such a HOT MAMA!

Van Haren Family said...

Okay Beth, first of all, he is adorable. Secondly, totally threw me off, I thought thats how big you were now, then when I realized it wasnt, I started laughing, and so sorry, but the next picture made me laugh even harder, because you should have seen me, seriously.I can hardly wait to see what this labor has in store for me! It is totally worth it right? Ü