Thursday, January 20, 2011

Last Week

So last week, I almost had the baby. Just kidding, but I wouldn't have blamed my body for going into labor early after all the things I did last week! This week, I am feeling the affects of it all - I'm extremely tired and sore, but happy and relieved at the same time at the fact that I got so much done.
First, let's start with baby's room. So about a month ago I painted the crib. It was originally black, but I painted it green. To make a long story short, I didn't like it. Every time I would pass the by the room, I would cringe. After many sleepless nights, I decided to just take on the task of painting the darn thing again.
So, I painted it brown.
Then I realized that it was not blending very well with the walls.
You can only guess what I did next.
Yep, I painted the walls.
To my dismay, I still was not satisfied with the look of the crib.
So......I painted it again.
This time a blue-gray color - Juniper Gray to be precise.
After three days of working on this, I finally completed the nursery and I LOVE IT!
Might I add that for the three days I slaved away in here my husband had no clue. I had to keep it a secret because I knew he would stop me if he caught me in the middle of it. You see, he doesn't like when I do things like this to myself when I'm 33 weeks pregnant.
But, when all was said and done, I opened the door to the baby's room for him to see and he was amazed.

Oh, and I also repainted the changing table......
.....and the nightstand.
(I'm pretty sure Juniper Gray is my new favorite paint color from Wal-Mart).


Now, I must tell you about my next project. It has to do with organizing the closets. Ugh! For the last year, I have completely neglected some of the closets in our home because it always has seemed so overwhelming to even think about cleaning them out. Then I went to my dear friend, Kassie's home and discovered this idea.

What?! Using a hanging shoe rack as storage for anything BUT shoes?!
Yes, please.
In the baby's room, I have things such as lotion, wipes, ties, belts, creams, powders, etc. stored in these pouches.
Using this in Braddock & Emma's room has helped to create so much space! Things like Play-do, doll accessories, crayons, action figures, magnetic letters, styrofoam bullets (we have many of these!) and ties get stored away here.
I must say, I love having order, but I never know sometimes just how to go about creating it. This has sure been a great organization tool for us!


And last but not least, Jim's 27th birthday was last week! We went out for his birthday Wednesday night, which was so much fun! I can't say we did anything over the top - just dinner, a movie and church-pant shopping, but it sure felt like a vacation to me!
We went to Red Robin, where we ordered lots of french fries with yummy fry sauce, big fat hamburgers, and chocolate shakes.
Seriously, it was heaven.
I don't know when the last time was that I ate such delicious, fattening food.
We came home that night to these little sweethearts with a miniature store-bought chocolate cake, so they could sing "Happy Birthday" to their daddy.

Regardless of the bluriness, this picture is priceless.
I sure love them.
So yes, the week was busy, but I can't complain. We crossed things off our to-do list (well, at least I did) and celebrated our favorite man's birthday!
Now, I must go and finish up our taxes. Ugh.






4 comments:

Marilee said...

Cute projects and pictures!!! My heck, I miss ya!

Unknown said...

I use the shoe-rack idea in Della's room too and I love it! It is such a space saver! The nursery is very cute!

Ross n Jen said...

Dang that Kassie girl! She always has such good, cute ideas! Sounds like a trip to the store for a shoe organizer is in my very near future!

Sarah Robbins said...

The crib looks SO good! I can't believe you painted it three times (3? I lost count!). I refinish furniture a lot and I know how much work that is!

But it looks really great. Totally completes the nursery!