Sunday, January 4, 2009

It's about that time........

So I think it's about that time again to post. I could actually post probably a hundred of things right now, considering my lackingness (i think i just made up a word) with the blog, but I'm not going to overwhelm all of you. As the new year has approached us, I have had a lot on my mind regarding self-improvement. There are plenty of things that I could do better at this year and I'm truly going to make an effort to do so.
Here's my list of resolutions:
I'm going to be a better wife. This means less nagging and more praising. Less complaining and more gratitude. Less selfishness and more selfLESSness. There is no other person I would want to spend the rest of my life with than the man below.
I'm goingto spend more quality time with my kids. This means going the extra mile by reading more to them, doing more outdoor activities with them, playing with them, having daily scripture study and prayer, Family Home Evening, and lots and lots of hugs and kisses! I am so richly blessed to have two beautiful babies in my home who trust me, love me, forgive me, and humor me. They mean the world to me and so much more and I am going to prove it to them!



I'm going to step up to the plate and IMPROVE MY HEALTH! After having two babies under two years, my body is not the same as it used to be! My husband bought me a three year V.I.P membership to Gold's Gym which means someone can babysit my kids while I work out during the day! Woo hoo! I used to go spinning at 4:30 in the morning and it stopped shortly after I started because I am NOT a morning person. This will be much better.


Lastly, I am going to improve on my scripture study. One of my favorite things to do first thing in the morning is get on the computer and look at everyones blogs. From now on though, I will not allow myself to look at your blogs until I've studied my scriptures. I know it will strengthen me as a person to be a little bit better in all the other aspects that I listed above. I love my Heavenly Father and am so grateful for the plan of happiness. He has given me a beautiful family and I feel like I owe Him a commitment to improve my life. I don't know what I would do without the gospel. It's my compass in every matter of my life. I'm truly looking forward to this New Year and hope that I can live up to the resolutions that I have set.
happy 2009!!!

9 comments:

Marilee said...

Wahoo!! Those are some excellent goals! I love ya and have missed you posting more often.

Croft said...

Bethany - so wonderful to see new pics of your darling family. We missed seeing you all when we were down at Thanksgiving, but I know you had a great time seeing all your family in Arizona. You are pretty wonderful - we love you - Jeana

The Chambers said...

bethany...those are awesome resolutions! Go get it! Sounds like it's going to be a very busy, but good year ahead of you and the gang. Good luck!

Sarah said...

Excellent goals! Good luck with them! Your kids are so cute.

Jenna said...

what awesome goals!!!

Kristen said...

You can do it, you're super woman!! You're kiddos and hubby are oh so cute, they are so lucky to have such a wonderful mom and wife!

Unknown said...

Ya its about time! We missed having updates. I started to have weird dreams that you didn't blog anymore! haha just kiddin. Beautiful pictures and a beautiful family. I love your resolutions! Good luck girlie! about

Natalie said...

Those pics of your kids and hubby are darling!! You have a beautiful bunch there! I loved reading your goals...very inspiring. You will do great and will find so much joy as you aim high in 2009!

Michelle Bebe said...

Hey I do the punishment reward system too! I get punished alot...meaning not a lot of computer time!