Friday, February 22, 2008

We're Back!!!

I have to say sorry for not keeping everyone updated like I should about what has happened the last few weeks. Thanks to my sister Jenna for posting the arrival of our sweet baby Em. Life has been a rollercoaster the last couple of weeks for many reasons. One being that we were out of our home for over a month and then had our baby almost 3 weeks early. On February 7, I was scheduled to meet with a perinatologist at the hospital because my doctor discovered that our baby was breech and he wanted to see if we could attempt to turn the baby. I went in hoping and praying that they would be able to, but when they did the ultrasound, they discovered that my water had broke and I had an infection, so they had to do an emergency c-section. I was so extremely nervous, but Jim held on to my hand the entire time. I didn't feel any pain - just lots of tugging and then we heard our sweet baby cry and the tears started coming. Jim and I were both crying so hard. I feel so blessed to have two sweet beautiful children. Heavenly Father has given us so much! The entire 9 months that I was pregnant, I had a lot of concern as to how I would be able to love this baby as much as I love my little boy, Braddock. That sounds awful, I know, but true. Amazingly enough though, there was room enough in my heart to love her as much as I love him. It made me think about the love that Heavenly Father has for each of us - He loves us all the same. I'm so grateful for that. Being a mother is such a blessing. Two kids under two years keeps me on my feet, but I wouldn't trade it for the world! My family is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me.
Also, I want to give a big shout out to my mother-in-law Marilee and my sisters, Jenna and Alyssa. They helped out so much while I was in the hospital and while I was recovering back at home. I couldn't have done it without you!


>

12 comments:

BossyMommy said...

Oh my heck, Bethany, those pics of her sleeping and smiling are so cute! You were so lucky to snap those! And you look great for a post c-section, post baby momma. You're hot! Your family is gorgeous. Love you.

Jenna said...

oh my goodness i had no idea it was an emergency of any kind! poor thing! Well i am so glad that everything turned out as well as it did! yay for you guys :) emmalee is precious.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hills said...

She is a beautiful little girl! It is very good to hear that you and Emmalee are doing good and everything went well after the nerve-wrecking news your dr. gave you. I wish we were still up there so I could come help you if ever needed!! Miss you guys! I'll call you soon, I promise! :)

Brent and Brooke said...

Bethany Congrats! You are so lucky to have such cute kids, I am so happy for you and your family.

Amy said...

Congratulations! What a cute little family. I went to Highland with Jim. I am Amy Cluff Bevans. I found your blog on Stephanie Greer's.

Nathan & Cherish said...

Oh my gosh she is absolutely beautiful! I am so excited for you and I am happy to hear that everything turned out okay! I love you and I can't wait for more pic's to come!

Michelle Bebe said...

you look great! how are you recovering!

does braddock love her???

oh and thanks to YOU!!! Nash now says Baby!

We were watching your slide show and he said it for the first time!

Breck and Nan said...

Wow Bethany that sounds like quite the ordeal! I am glad that everthing went well and you have your sweet little girl!

Jill Rosenhan said...

I cant wait for more pictures! She is so cute! I didnt know it was an emergency! I'm glad it went pretty smooth though! I love her name.. especially her middle name! Tell Jim hi for me! Hope you both are having a blast!

Heather said...

So Cute Congrats

Hills said...

The new picture you put on the left of your blog "Our Newest Addition" makes me want one of my own and can't believe we don't have a little one yet, what is Michael thinking! :) Hey can I get you to e-mail me your home address? I have a lil' sumpin' sumpin' for Emmalee.