Thursday, July 19, 2007

Can You Say WHITE TRASH?!!

SADLY BUT SURELY, THIS IS OUR BACKYARD. (NOT MY IDEA)
Let me try to explain. Saturday afternoon, all of the neighbor kids showed up at our house wanting to play. Not with me, but with Jim. My husband is always in the backyard with them having a barbeque, making smores, having water fights, etc. (he even made a tire swing for them). Saturday, however, Jim went to the extreme. He took some plastic sheeting and dish soap and made a slip n' slide. Now I'm fine with that. They all looked like they were having a fantastic time. I watched them play for a bit and then went back inside to do some laundry. When I came back out, I almost started crying (The picture above explains why)
Jim "designed" an above-ground swimming pool!!! He flipped our trampoline upside-down and wrapped it in the plastic sheeting. You may be wondering how the sheeting stayed on or you may not, but I will tell you anyway. He securely fastened it with rope. So awful.
To Top it off, look at the picture below!!

Yes, Jim was too lazy to hold Braddock, so he put Braddock in his walker and set him in the pool.
All I can say is : If your backyard looks like the Epps Family's, you might be a Redneck. It's pretty much a guarantee. :)

4 comments:

BossyMommy said...

I think that's the ugliest pool I've ever seen! You have a home-made pool and chickens...HA! My sister is mormon white trash. I think I'm depressed.

Jenna said...

AAAAH! I am laughing so hard at Jacey's comment AND the picture of Braddock in the pool. Jim cracks me up, too. I'm so glad he's in our family.

dani said...

Ha ha that is so funny! But I have to say it kinda looks like fun. Maybe thats the Queen Creek hick comin out in me. All I have to say is that if I were a kid in your nieghboorhood, Ide come over and play. :)

Jenna said...

Sweet background. This is a good one, you should stick with it.