Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Friday & Monday

What about Saturday & Sunday??!! I know, I know, but I think it's best we skip over those days because I was in some weird mood - I guess you would call it EVIL. Seriously, I was so cranky and irritable and I couldn't stop crying. The most frustrating part about all of it was I could not figure out for the life of me why I felt like crawling into a little hole and living there FOREVER!! Then, it hit me like a ton of bricks! I just quit nursing this last month ( I know, finally!) and so I hadn't experienced something that most of you gals experience every 28 days. It's been like 2 years! It was nice to learn that my condition of sorrow wasn't permanent.
Anyway,
Friday was a great day because Jim and I were able to go on a date and it was sort of original! We went rock climbing with the Young Women in our ward!
Here was mine and Jim's conversation as we pulled up to The Quarry (the rock climbing place).
Me: Hey, why is this building so tall??
Jim: Uhhhh......because it's a rock climbing place.
Me: Oh. We have to climb that high up??
Jim: Um, yeah.
Me: You think we should go see a movie or something instead?
Jim: No.
Me: Okay, just thought I'd ask.

This is just a few of us. I love these girls!
And the rock climbing??? Yeah, it was hard, but making it to the top was a very proud moment for each of us! I would go again in a heart beat!
Marilee ( my favorite YW leader friend) and Kaydee.

Thasss a crazy person.



Some more crazies.


Whoa, who is that?! That harness is smokin' hot!
(One of these days Jim will ban be from blogging).


Okay, so now on to Monday!!
It didn't start off too hot. I pulled into the parking lot at the gym and when I got out of the car to get Emma, I slipped on some ice and fell flat on my back! If it were someone else that did what I did and I saw them, I probably would have laughed my head off - being the Good Samaritan that I am. By that point, I was ready to get back in the car and go home, but instead I made my way into the gym and had a great workout! Always rewarding!
Later that day, when the kids were sleeping, I made something. If you ever want a simple, yet fun project, here ya go!


Buy yourself a composition book for 97 cents at Wal-Mart, some Modge Podge glue, and pick out your favorite scrapbook paper.............



Ta Da!!!!!
I needed a book to write my daily To-Do's in, and this is what I came up with! I think I am going to incorporate these colors in my family room (when it's finished). Love them!
This definitely will be used as a YW activity.
Does anyone have any other good ideas for Modge Podging?? I'd love to hear them!

9 comments:

Jenna said...

GOod job girl! That note book looks way cute. I, along with Cara, love to just do the original letter modge podging... ya know.. glue the scrapbook paper on the wood letters. But that's about all I have done so I will definately try the notebook!

The Nelsons said...

Buy a cheap frame, take out the glass back, modge podge some scrapbook paper around the frame, staple some netting on it and you've got a super cute earring holder.

Lynnie said...

No, but I do know someone who has done their living room in baby blue and chocolate brown. Wanna see?
http://rickandpage.blogspot.com/2008/10/wall-o-pictures.html

Hills said...

Bethany! It's good to have a post of yours to read, sure missed it! Good ole Flo sure does wonders on every bit of us women, SO LAY OFF! haha jk. Jenna is right, letter mod podging is a good idea. You can get the cardboard or wood letters from Michael's. You usually can get coupons off their website too, big plus. I mod podged a magnet board, love it!

The Chambers said...

It's been awhile girl! So good to hear that you're still alive. Convo with Jim at the rock climbing place is classic! You crack me up...and I can't even tell you how many times I have laughed at people falling on ice...I feel so bad, that's probably why I have fallen so many times myself...Karma baby. I've done the scrapbooking paper on wooden letters too...SO CUTE! I do them for baby shower gifts all the time...always a fav.

Kristi Smith said...

Glad you figured out why you were hiding out. I get like that too, about every 27 days though. ;)

I would love to see if I could make it up that wall. Looks like fun.

Cute book!!!

Marilee said...

Cute book!! Scrapping always makes me feel better. Hmmm...modge podge...I've made some B of M covers with that stuff, painted it over puzzles--seriously, you could put it on anything you wanted to!!

Heather said...

Love it. Thanks for the idea.
Jim will probably kill you once he sees this.
Haha.

Michelle Bebe said...

You can get the notebooks on sale at Target and wal-mart during the school supplies sales. 50cents!

um and i have made some blocks or paper weights i guess you could call them for bryan's office. you can buy these blocks of wood from the scrapbook store (3 bucks each) and then you cover them in paper and pics or whatever (the possibilities are endless) and then voila!

love the book!