Friday, July 25, 2008

July: Just second to Christmas

Yes my friends, I now consider the entire month of July to be one big fat holiday! Why, you ask? Because I live in Utah where there's things like INCREDIBLE FIREWORKS (which I didn't take pics of), RODEOS, PARADES, PATRIOTISM, FAIRS, FAMILY FUN, and some decent summer weather.

Oh, and one minor note - I made my 25 mile journey to Old Navy yesterday only to find out when I got there that it was CLOSED because of Pioneer Day!! I'm so glad our LOYAL Utah natives celebrate their pioneer heritage............. unless it interferes with my clothes shopping. :)

Oh well. All is well, all is well.

So you may be asking yourself where this awesome skydiver is headed......
Only to the Spanish Fork Rodeo!!! - AKA THE BEST Rodeo known to mankind!

I loved every second of it and so did the rest of the gang including Jim's family, mine, and all the babies. You can't help but love that the rodeo begins with a Prayer and the National Anthem.

Plus, there's great music, some awesome muttin bustin' and a whole lotta' bull riding!
Oh, and for those of you who were in the Ocotillo Ward in Queen Creek....remember Matt Sherwood? Well, he was in the rodeo lassoing (sp?) calves. He's a world champion too!

Here were some of the rodeo attendants.

Dad & Mr. Serious.

Auntie Lyssa, Tyler, & Em.Auntie Jenna and Henry.
So glad all the family was there! It just wouldn't be as fun without them.

This last week, Jim's cousin Jami and her sweet mom, Jeana came to visit us. We, meaning all of Jim's family, met up at the park with them and enjoyed ourselves for a couple hours. So nice to see them!

(Above: Emmalee with Jeana. Below: My little teether.)
Notice the finger never leaves the mouth. This kid's been teething his whole life.
Just a few of the cousins.

Mel, Katelynn, Jaxson, Braddock, & Del. The trick to keeping them seated? Candy.So what's next on the agenda?

It's the annual Spanish Fork Parade!

Woo Hoo!
Jack & Henry loved it. I know you can only see the back of their heads, but believe me, they're cute.

The best part of the parade was when the missionaries came marching onward ever so onward. I think that's when the crowds cheered the loudest. So nice to have so much support from the citizens. It's well-deserved.
Here's a couple of Emmalee just chillaxin. She loves the camera. I think she wants to eat it.

Hope you all had a great July!



10 comments:

Cait and Ben said...

Cute little kids! I hope to make cute ones of my own some day. I love Utah in the summer. You are so lucky to go to all those fun things.

Kristi Smith said...

Seriously, I had no clue there were things to do in Utah, and all the time I was just a state away.

I just jest, actually I thought about coming over to Utah to the Dinosaur National Monument, think it is between CO and Utah. But when I looked it up, the Visitor Center was closed. =(

Great job on the photos BLB, or Beautiful Bethany (if that is what you want to be called). Personally, I like BLB better.
JMHO. ;)

You have a goodlooking family!

Jill Rosenhan said...

Oh my gosh! The Spanish Fork festivities are the BEST! Man that brings back SO many memories. The rodeo for sure! I'm jealous you get to have it all ;>
Your kiddos are adorable. Tell your hubby hi for me!

Jenna said...

I agree, July is so much fun in Utah (and not in Arizona). I love hanging out with you and I am thankful every day that you live here, really. Don't ever leave me. Give your kids kisses for me!

dandnblack said...

I LOVE SUMMER TIME - there is so much to go and do. Your kids are getting bigger and cuter all the time. We miss you tons. We really need to go out again. Keep in touch.

Heather said...

My in laws live right right next to the spanish fork rodeo grounds. I do miss Utah with all the stuff that goes on in July. But nothing beats AZ. I do remember Brother Sherwood from Ocotillo and I think I saw him in a Prescott Rodeo as well.

Heather said...

My in laws live right right next to the spanish fork rodeo grounds. I do miss Utah with all the stuff that goes on in July. But nothing beats AZ. I do remember Brother Sherwood from Ocotillo and I think I saw him in a Prescott Rodeo as well.

Brittany said...

fun stuff!

Hills said...

Bethany! Little Emmalee is so adorable! Pretty little lady she is :) In the picture with Braddock and Jim, Jim looks exact to his dad!I hope everything is going well in Payson! Hopefully we'll have a little HILLian here soon! ;)

Kristi Smith said...

You really should update . . . just sayin'.