Monday, June 9, 2008

The Offspring.

Emmalee has become quite the photogenic baby. She's growing at a speedy rate. Honestly, people always told me that once you have kids, life flies right past you. I'm beginnging to see the truth in that. Seriously, is Christmas REALLY going to be here in six months?!
I'm an old woman. :)
Anyways, I've become quite the picture-taking freak.
(When you have two really cute kids, you pretty much have no choice.)

Bright-eyed Baby
Really attractive, Em.
She must be drooling over her pretty mommy.

Then there's this little guy.
Seriously, I'm not sure what to do with him sometimes. He's 21 months, but I'm pretty sure he's hit the terrible two stage three months early. He now calls his dad , "Jim", he tells me "no" all of the time, and thinks that biting and pinching is a game. I'm not sure what to do about his behavior besides what we have already done -timeout (which has taken place approximately 45 times) and even spanked. Now I'm not saying he is the Bad Seed or anything, but I guess I've always been used to having such a sweet, loving little baby and now he's turning into a kid!
I guess he possesses a few good qualities too, but who wants to hear those :) Just kidding.
I will say that he loves to be a big brother to Em, he still cuddles and gives kisses, and he'll walk over to his crib when he is ready to take a nap. Gotta love that! He bows his head and folds his arms when we say prayers, loves to read books, and especially enjoys helping his dad do stuff around the house.
I think I imagined that when I had kids they would all be perfect because they had their one-time punishment and knew never to do bad things again. I guess that's why I have kids because
I HAVE A LOT TO LEARN!
Here's the little monster on his tricycle.


14 comments:

a harper girl said...

Those are some very cute kids you got there! I'm starting to feel the same way about the terrible 2's, except I think Lexi has been going through them for a while now. And yes, I know I still have so much more to learn about being a Mom its scary!!!:)

Alyssa said...

oh Beth they are so adorable and I miss them!!! That picture of B-rock's feet on the pedals is way cute, too. And I think it's hilarious that he calls Jim "Jim." It's like when we used to teach Hallie to call her mom "Jacey," and Jacey hated it. ha ha

Jenna said...

You taught Hallie to call her mom "Jacey"? That's hilarious! Where did Braddock learn to call Jim by his name? I think that kid is so funny. Emmalee is such a pretty little girl. So, when are you coming over this week? Or when can we come over there?

Jill Rosenhan said...

You have the cutest kids! My mom keeps telling me that you still learn about being a mom when your kids are our age! Ha I love that he is calling Jim :Jim". Man I miss you guys! Tell Jimbo hi!

Michelle Bebe said...

i hear ya. Nash is doing similar things and he is only 18 almost 19 months old!

he calls me "daddy" (and then laughs of course), is throwing MAJOR fits, ... well let's just say I feel your pain.

My only resource: prayer. Boy do I pray alot lately.

Unknown said...

They are both so cute! Ya Aubrey is such a lil' poop but so freakin cute! haha what are ya gonna do!? And Em is so photogenic! SHe has your beautiful blue eyes! Oh and I heard a rumor you are coming down soon?

Jill Rosenhan said...

I know! She is like a barbie!

When are you guys going to be down here and what'd be the best time for you to do something? Um.. the Lambs have a pool I'm sure they wouldnt mind us using!

Natalie said...

So cute! I love the reality of little kids....never how you want it!! By the way, that pic of Bradock's feet pedalling the bike is GREAT! You should blow it up and frame it in his room or something! What a classic memory of a littly boy!

Kristi Smith said...

I hate to tell you this . . . BUT three is worse than two!!!

But at two and three they are just so stinkin' cute you can't help but forgive their temper tantrums!

Cute photos!

"Droolin' over her pretty mommy" hee-hee, that made me laugh. Not that you are not pretty, you are gorgeous, but it was funny.

Jill Rosenhan said...

Are you in AZ?? I forgot when you guys were here!!!

*Crusan said...

Hi there! I am also an Epps...Our family just started "blogging" this year. We are a bit new at it, but it is fun to find other EPPS' and so close too! We live in Heber. The only other Epps' I've heard of are out of state! I have enjoyed your blog!

*Crusan said...

I thought Id share our bolg address...maybe we can keep up on eachothers lives! it is: http://justinsgirlcru.blogspot.com

*Crusan said...

I thought Id share our bolg address...maybe we can keep up on eachothers lives! it is: http://justinsgirlcru.blogspot.com

Kristen said...

aww your kids are so cute! and you are quite the picture taker! i must say, i'm not looking forward to having kids because of all of those "Fun" times but it's all worth it in the end! Right? lol