Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas in our neighborhood

We hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas!! It's been an eternity since I have posted, but it's only because a katrillion things have been taking place this last month!! Don't get me wrong - I love Christmas and always get a little sad when December 26th comes, but this year I think I was more relieved than I was sad.
Here is just a few pictures that I took. Seriously, all I took was a FEW pictures this year. So sad. I hardly had time to pick up my camera. Shame, shame, I know.
Here's the little ham on Christmas morning. He was thrilled with the red wagon that Santa brought him!
He's so special. :)
Oh, and onto one of the many reasons why I think my husband is a complete stud.
See this hideous fireplace?? Don't look at all the crap around it. This was when we just moved in, so you have to cut me some slack. Well..........................................

My husband turned it into this!! Merry Christmas to me. He also put in a brand new front door, put in all new trim, re-textured, installed new lighting, and painted everything in our livingroom. There is still a lot of work to do like install baseboard and recarpet, but I AM SO HAPPY with how it turned out! Now I just have to decorate!! Oh, and the pictures on the fireplace are not in the right place. They're just sitting there until I figure out how the heck I'm going to arrange everything! Anyone have any good ideas for what to put above the mantle???

So you can see now why this last month was crazy! I didn't have a livingroom and everything that was in my livingroom had to be moved into the dining room until this room got done. Let me just say that when I imagine what Hell is like, I think of what my house looked like the first few weeks of December 2007. So glad it's finished!!

Hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year!!

7 comments:

Jenna said...

Yeah!!! I'm so glad you updated your blog. I've been waiting and waiting! Braddock looks awesome in those pj's, and I'm excited to have all the boys play in his wagon. The fireplace looks outstanding. We'll have to brainstorm some decor ideas.

Todd, Lara, Aubrey, and Graham said...

That fireplace is amazing! You are very lucky to have a handy husband. The rest of us suckers have to pay some plumber butt to do our handy work.

Breck and Nan said...

Bethany!! I am so glad you found my blog too! It is so fun to see pictures of your family. Your little boy is adorable and congrats on the new baby! Blogs are fun because I love to see old friends!

Hills said...

I love the fireplace, it's gorgeous! Way to go Jim! Hope all is well! Miss you giys!

Michelle Bebe said...

the fireplace looks WONDERFUL! that is ALOT of hard work. by the time you guys get done it will be a gorgeous custom house!

BossyMommy said...

WOW. Your husband *IS* a stud. Does he have a brother? Really, though, it looks beautiful. I say you get a 16x20 size family pic in a nice frame and put it above the mantle. Oh wait, that's what *I* did. But you can do it, too. Good jaaaarb, Jim. You get stud points for this one.

Adam and Samantha said...

Your husband did a great job again! Your house is gorgeous! Braddock looks like he enoyed his gifts, he is such a cutie!!